Posted by bryanzug - 2007/04/16
He really helped me get my head around some of the foundations of designing these next generation online social experiences.
Highlights quotes were:
- “Social apps is the world that IM has made”
- “I am made greater by the sum of my connections, and so are my connections”
- “I give up personal productivity for network productivity. I sacrifice for the group.”
- “Fashionista recommendation is a different UI than a feature lookup (size, color, etc)”
- “What happens when the money gets serious? Well, what happened to the blogs? TechCrunch is no longer a blog per-se, it is a media property.”
- “Reputation is fragile both online and offline. Squander your rep and CBS may fire you.”
- “I often play psychologist for social apps. I set them on the couch and ask about their childhood.”
- “Find people who tag items the same way you do and you will find a social group based on shared ways of thinking and speaking.”
- “To understand social apps, you have to be in the flow, not outside. You can’t get it unless you are using them and you can’t explain it to people — you’ve got to do it. You can’t learn Karate by thinking about it”
2 Comments »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.